Google Slides is a popular presentation tool that enables mobile device users to create slideshows on the go. With the power of Google Slides, users are able to create visually appealing presentations with ease. It allows users to use multimedia, such as images and videos, to make their presentations even more engaging.
Adding video on Google Slides while using iPhone can be challenging but not impossible. Fortunately, there are several ways to do this. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the easiest methods to add a video to Google Slides on an iPhone.
The Challenge of Adding Video on Google Slides on iPhone
Google Slides is an incredibly useful tool for creating presentations, but it can be challenging to use on an iPhone. One of the common challenges faced by iPhone users when using Google Slides is adding video to their presentations. The issue is that the Google Slides app for iPhone does not come with a video insert option like its desktop version does. However, there are several ways to get around this challenge.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before adding video on Google Slides using iPhone, there are a few things that you should prepare for. First, make sure that the video you want to add is saved on your iPhone or is accessible online through a link. Then, check that the Google Slides app is updated to the latest version available on the App Store. A stable wifi or mobile data connection is also necessary to upload and play the video smoothly.
Method 1: Direct Insertion
The first method is the most straightforward way to add a video on Google Slides using iPhone. Unfortunately, this method works only when the video is saved on your iPhone. Here are the detailed steps:
1. Open the Google Slides app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the slide where you want to add the video.
3. Tap on the "+" icon on the top right corner of the screen.
4. From the drop-down menu, select "Insert".
5. Select "Image" from the sub-menu that appears.
6. Tap on "Camera" option. You should see your iPhone’s camera open up.
7. Switch the camera to the back and capture a video of the screen playing the video you want to add.
8. You will be able to edit the video and trim it down to the desired length.
9. The video will be added to the slide.
Pros: Easy and straightforward.
Cons: The video might be shaky as it was captured through a camera, the quality might be affected.
Method 2: Google Photos
If you have your videos saved on Google Photos, you can use this method to add them to your Google Slides presentation.
1. Open Google Photos on your iPhone.
2. Find the video you want to add and select it.
3. Tap on the Share icon and select "Copy Link".
4. Open Google Slides on your iPhone.
5. Tap on the slide where you want to add the video.
6. Tap on the "+" icon on the top right corner of the screen.
7. From the drop-down menu, select "Insert".
8. Select "Image" from the sub-menu that appears.
9. Select the "By URL" tab.
10. Paste in the link you copied from Google Photos.
11. Click "Select".
Pros: Quick and easy to use
Cons: You need to have stable access to the internet.
Method 3: Recording Screen
If no other options are working, you can always record your iPhone screen using an in-built iOS feature. This method might be inconvenient due to the limited recording time.
1. First, enable screen recording on your iPhone. You can do so by going to the Control Center and tapping on the grey circular icon labelled "Screen Recording".
2. Play the video that you want to add on Google Slides.
3. You will see a red bar on the top-left side of the screen indicating that the recording has begun.
4. Once the video has played through, stop the recording by tapping on the red bar.
5. Navigate to the Google Slides app.
6. Tap on the slide where you want to add the video.
7. Tap on the "+" icon on the top right corner of the screen.
8. From the drop-down menu, select "Insert".
9. Select "Image" from the sub-menu that appears.
10. Select the video you just recorded. A preview of the video should show up.
11. Click "Insert"
Pros: You can add a video to Google Slides in a pinch.
Cons: Limited recording time, you might need to trim down the video.
Method 4: Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud storage service designed to work with Google’s productivity apps. You can use Google Drive to store and access files such as documents, images, and videos. Here’s how you can use Google Drive to add a video on Google Slides using iPhone.
1. Open Google Drive on your iPhone.
2. Upload the video that you want to add to a folder in Google Drive if it already isn’t.
3. Long press the video and then tap on "Share".
4. From the pop-up window, tap on "Copy Link".
5. Close Google Drive and open the Google Slides app.
6. Open the slide where you want to insert the video.
7. Click on the "+" icon on the top right corner of the screen.
8. Select "Insert" and then "Image".
9. Select the "By URL" tab.
10. Paste the link you copied earlier from Google Drive.
11. Click on "Select".
Pros: Quick and easy to use.
Cons: You need a stable internet connection to upload and access your files on Google Drive.
Why Can’t I Add a Video to Google Slides on iPhone?
There are a few reasons why you might not be able to add a video to Google Slides using iPhone. The main reason is that the Google Slides app for iPhone does not have a direct video insert feature. Other reasons might be that your internet connection may be unstable when trying to insert a video from an online source. Additionally, the video might be too large or in an unsupported format. If you are experiencing difficulties adding a video, try using the methods above.
1. Whenever possible, try to use a Wi-Fi network instead of mobile data to avoid potential connection issues.
2. Consider using a video editing app to trim down the video to the desired length before adding it to your presentation. This can make the video easier to upload and may improve its overall quality.
3. Be mindful of the size of the video you want to insert. Large files may take longer to upload and may affect the overall performance of your presentation.
5 FAQs about Adding Video on Google Slides on iPhone
Q1: Can I add videos directly from YouTube to Google Slides on iPhone?
A: It’s not possible to directly insert a video from YouTube to a Google Slides presentation using the mobile app. However, you can use the "Record Screen" method and play the video on YouTube while recording your screen.
Q2: What video formats are supported by Google Slides?
A: Google Slides supports MP4 and MOV video formats.
Q3: Can I add videos to Google Slides using an iPad?
A: Yes, you can add videos to Google Slides on an iPad as it has more versatile editing tools
Q4: How can I improve the quality of the video I insert on Google Slides?
A: Before inserting a video into Google Slides on iPhone, consider editing it on an application that supports video editing and adjust the file size, resolution, and brightness.
Q5: Can I add videos from my iCloud storage to Google Slides?
A: Yes, you can add videos stored in iCloud Drive to Google Slides on iPhone. You can use the "By URL" tab to insert a video from the link of the video on iCloud.
Adding video on Google Slides using iPhone does have its challenges, however, with the methods outlined in this blog post, you should be able to overcome them. Method 1 is the simplest and quickest way to add video to your presentation, albeit with the downside of capturing video from a camera. Method 2, 3, and 4 are viable alternatives that allow you to insert videos using links from platforms such as Google Photos, Drive, and record screen. By following through with the detailed steps provided for each method, you can now enhance your presentations with impressive multimedia content!