Are you tired of receiving messages from unknown emails on your iPhone? It is frustrating to see notification alerts popping up on your home screen even when you are busy. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent emails from disturbing you, which is what we are going to discuss today.
Why You Need to Block Messages from Email on iPhone
Blocking messages from email on your iPhone can help you to avoid receiving unwanted emails, spam, or phishing emails. This practice can help you keep your inbox clean and free from unwanted messages. Spam emails from unknown sources could also contain harmful viruses and malware, so blocking these can prevent a security breach on your iPhone.
Method 1: Via the Mail App
One simple way to block Messages from email on your iPhone is through the Mail app. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the Mail app on your iPhone.
- Find an email from an unwanted sender and click on it to open it.
- Click on the name or email address of the sender. You will see a new screen with the sender’s details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Block this Contact."
- Easy to use
- Effective and immediate blocking of unwanted contacts
- The blocked email IDs will be added to the blocked list, but the messages will not be deleted from your inbox.
Method 2: Via the Settings App
Another way to block unwanted email messages on your iPhone is through the Settings app. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to find "Mail" and click on it.
- Next, click on "Blocked Sender Options."
- You will see two options: "Block" or "Mute." Choose "Block" to prevent the sender from appearing in your inbox again.
- You can also add unwanted senders to your blocked list by adding their email address or name.
- Prevents mails from appearing in your inbox without you receiving a notification.
- You can add multiple email IDs at once in Block lists.
- This method could require additional time and effort to add each email ID that you want to block.
Method 3: Via Mail Rules on iCloud
If you use iCloud to access your email, you can use Mail Rules to block unwanted email messages. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to http://www.icloud.com and sign in using your Apple ID credentials.
- Once you have logged in, click on Mail.
- Click on Mail (gear icon), and choose "Preferences" from the dropdown menu.
- Choose "Rules" from the top left menu.
- Click on the "Add a Rule" option.
- Add the email ID of the sender in the "From" field.
- Choose "Move to Trash" in "Perform the following Actions" option.
- Finally, Click on "OK" and apply your new rule to messages.
- Allows you to create specific rules that could help you automatically block certain emails according to sender ID, or keywords.
- Using this method could also help keep your inbox organized.
- You may not be able to use this method if you don’t use iCloud to access your email.
What to Do If You Can’t Block Messages from Email on iPhone
If for some reason blocking messages from email is not working on your iPhone, there are a few things that you can try to fix the issue including:
- Make sure that you are using an updated operating system version on your iPhone.
- If you are using a third-party email client, confirm if it supports blocking unwanted messages feature.
- Try using one of the other methods that we have discussed above to block the sender.
You can also mute email threads on your iPhone to stop receiving notifications for emails that don’t necessarily want to block. To mute a thread, swipe left on any email in a thread and click on "More." Then click "Mute" to stop getting notifications for this thread.
Q1. If I block an email sender, will it block them on all devices that I use with the same account?
A: No, the block will only apply to that specific device. If you want to block the senders on all devices, then you have to repeat the blocking process on each device.
Q2. Can I unblock the emails I have blocked?
A: Yes, you can unblock a blocked email by going back into your Mail settings and clicking on the Blocked Senders- "Edit Account Blocker" option, then click "Unblock."
Q3. Will I still be able to see blocked emails in my spam folder?
A: Yes, a blocked email will still be sent to your Spam folder but will eventually get deleted after being held in your Spam folder for 30 days.
Q4. Is there a limit to how many email addresses I can block?
A: No, you can block as many email addresses as you want.
Q5. Can I block messages from a specific email domain?
A: Yes, on some email clients such as iCloud, you can choose to block an entire domain. Go to "Mail"> "Preferences" > "Rules" and add a rule with the domain that you want to block in the "From" field.
Blocking messages from email on your iPhone can help you remain focused and prevent unwanted and spam emails from causing disruptions. In this post, we’ve shared three methods to block email messages on your iPhone. Using any of these methods will help you have a clean and organized email inbox. Don’t hesitate to try them out and see which one works best for you.