Mistakenly deleting a message or conversation can be frustrating, especially if it contains critical information or important data. iPhone users often find themselves in situations where they accidentally delete some important messages or conversations containing some crucial data. Fortunately, Apple developers have added a feature that lets you recover any deleted messages or conversations. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to bring back erased messages on iPhone.
Why You Need to Learn How to Bring Back Erased Messages on iPhone:
There are many reasons to learn how to bring back erased messages on iPhone. If you have deleted important messages or conversations, you don’t want to lose them forever. Some of the main reasons why you need to learn how to bring back erased messages on iPhone include:
– Recovering crucial business information that was accidentally deleted
– Retrieving important data for legal purposes
– Resolving personal conflicts or misunderstandings
– Accessing deleted text messages or conversations for sentimental reasons
Method 1: Using iCloud Backup:
One of the easiest ways to recover deleted messages or conversations is by using iCloud backup. When iCloud backup is enabled, the system automatically backs up your data and saves it to the cloud. Here’s how you can use iCloud backup to recover deleted messages and conversations from iPhone:
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Your Name/iCloud ID at the top of the Settings page.
3. Tap on iCloud.
4. Turn on Messages to enable iCloud backup for your messages.
5. Now, you can restore your messages from iCloud.
– The process is straightforward and easy to follow.
– iCloud backup saves messages automatically, so you don’t have to worry about losing them.
– You can restore messages deleted up to a certain period.
– Requires iCloud backup to be set up and turned on beforehand.
– The restored backup may not contain the most recent deleted messages or conversations.
– You might accidentally overwrite current messages when restoring the backup.
Method 2: Using iTunes Backup:
Another way to recover deleted messages or conversations is by using iTunes backup. When you sync your iPhone with iTunes, it creates a backup of your data. Here’s how you can use iTunes backup to recover deleted messages and conversations from iPhone:
1. Connect your iPhone to a PC or Mac with iTunes installed.
2. Launch iTunes on your computer.
3. Select your iPhone from the list of devices.
4. Click on "Restore Backup."
5. Choose the relevant backup file, then click "Restore."
– iTunes backup saves all important data on your iPhone.
– iTunes backup is free of charge.
– Retrieve deleted messages without having iCloud backup set up.
– The backup files may not contain the most recent deleted messages or conversations.
– Data restore from iTunes backup will erase all existing data on the iPhone.
– Large backup files can take a long time to restore, depending on computer speed.
Method 3: Using a Third-Party Data Recovery Tool:
Another way to recover erased messages on iPhone is by using a third-party data recovery tool. These tools are designed to recover deleted data like deleted text messages, photos, videos, and more. Some of the popular third-party data recovery tools include Dr. Fone, EaseUS MobiSaver, and iMyFone D-Back.
1. Download and install a third-party data recovery tool
2. Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable.
3. Launch the Recovery tool.
4. Select the type of data you want to recover, eg., messages, call logs, etc.
5. Click Start to scan your iPhone for recoverable data.
6. Preview and select the data files that you want to recover.
7. Click Recover to restore the deleted data to your iPhone.
– Third-party data recovery tools can recover more than just messages.
– The scanning process is more in-depth, so the chances of recovering deleted messages are higher.
– Offers great reliability of data recovery.
– Third-party Data recovery software charges you with the cost of software.
– The software may not be completely secure, as it can retain data and usage history.
– Not always able to recover all data.
What to Do If You Can’t Bring Back Erased Messages on iPhone:
If none of the above methods works for you, there are still some fixes you can try:
1. Check Recent Backups: Verify if you have a more recent backup, either on iCloud or iTunes that you can restore.
2. Contact Apple Support: If your data is important, they may suggest sending it away for recovery.
3. Use iOS Recovery Mode: If you cannot recover your message or data using iTunes or iCloud, you can use iOS’s built-in recovery mode.
Always backup: It’s always worth backing up your data regularly to avoid losing important messages or conversations.
Q1: Is it possible to recover deleted messages without backup?
A: Yes, you can use third-party data recovery tools to recover deleted messages from iPhone without backing up your data.
Q2: Can SMS recovery work if it’s deleted by someone else?
A: No, you cannot recover deleted messages or conversations that were deleted by someone else.
Q3: Can I recover deleted messages or conversations from a long time ago?
A: Yes, if you have backed up your messages to iCloud or iTunes, you can recover even deleted messages and conversations that are years old.
Q4: How long does it take to recover deleted messages using third-party data recovery tools?
A: The time required for data recovery varies depending on the software you use and the amount of data to be recovered.
Q5: Will I lose my current data when restoring an old iCloud or iTunes backup?
A: Yes, when you restore an old iCloud or iTunes backup, you may lose some of your current data.
We hope this guide on how to recover erased messages on iPhone has been helpful. With the methods outlined above, we’re confident you’ll be able to recover those accidentally deleted conversations. Remember, being proactive and backing up your data regularly is the best way to avoid losing important messages or conversations.