Have you ever received a call from a number you don’t recognize, only to find out it’s a telemarketer or scammer? Or maybe you don’t answer calls from blocked or unknown numbers, but sometimes it’s someone you actually need to speak with. Whatever the reason may be, you may want to call a blocked number back on your iPhone. But is it even possible? The answer is yes, and in this blog post, we’ll go over different methods on how to do it.
Before we dive into the different methods, there are a few things you’ll need:
– An iPhone
– A blocked number you want to call back
– A phone plan that allows for block number identification
Keep in mind that some phone carriers may charge extra for block number identification. Check with your carrier to make sure it’s included in your plan or to see if there are any additional fees.
What Requires Your Focus?
To successfully call a blocked number back on your iPhone, you’ll need to focus on:
– The method you choose: There are different methods you can use, which we’ll go into detail on later in the blog post. You’ll need to choose the best method for your situation.
– Following the steps carefully: Each method has its own set of steps that you’ll need to follow correctly to call a blocked number back.
– Being persistent: Not all methods may work for everyone or every situation. If one method doesn’t work, try another.
Different Methods to Call A Blocked Number Back on iPhone
Now let’s get into the different methods you can use to call a blocked number back on your iPhone.
Method 1: Adding the Caller to Your Contacts
This is the easiest method to call a blocked number back on your iPhone, but it may not work for everyone. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
2. Go to the Recents tab.
3. Find the blocked number you want to call back and tap the "i" icon next to it.
4. Scroll down and tap "Add to Contacts."
5. Create a new contact for the blocked number. You can use any name you want for the contact.
6. Tap "Done" to save the contact.
7. Go to your Contacts app and find the contact you just created.
8. Tap the contact’s name to open their details.
9. Tap the phone number you want to call. This will initiate the call.
– Easy and quick to do.
– You can now easily call the blocked number back at any time.
– This method may not work if the caller has blocked their number from being identified.
– If the caller is a telemarketer or scammer, adding them to your contacts may not be ideal.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Apps
There are third-party apps you can use that claim to be able to call a blocked number back. One example is TrapCall. Keep in mind that these apps may not be free and may not work for every situation. Here’s how to use TrapCall:
1. Download and install the TrapCall app from the App Store.
2. Open the app and tap "Sign Up."
3. Follow the instructions to create an account and choose a subscription plan.
4. Go to your iPhone’s Settings app and select "Phone."
5. Tap "Call Blocking & Identification" and make sure TrapCall is enabled.
6. The next time you receive a call from a blocked number, simply decline the call and let it go to voicemail.
7. TrapCall will automatically unmask the caller and send you a notification with the phone number and name of the caller (if available).
8. Tap the notification to call the number back.
– Third-party apps like TrapCall claim to be successful in calling back blocked numbers.
– Some apps may offer additional features like voicemail transcriptions.
– Not all apps may work for every situation, and some may not be free.
– Third-party apps may not be completely reliable and may even compromise your privacy.
Method 3: Using *67
The *67 feature allows you to call someone while keeping your number hidden and anonymous. This method may work if the blocked number is set up to block unknown or anonymous callers. Here’s how to use *67:
1. Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
2. Dial *67 followed by the phone number you want to call back (without any spaces or dashes). For example, if the blocked number is (555)123-4567, you would dial *675551234567.
3. Tap the green phone icon to initiate the call.
– Using *67 may allow you to call back blocked numbers that have blocked unknown or anonymous callers.
– You can keep your number anonymous for privacy reasons.
– This method may not work for every situation, especially if the caller has blocked all incoming calls.
– The person you’re calling may see that you’re calling from an anonymous or private number and choose not to answer.
Why Can’t I Call A Blocked Number Back on iPhone?
There are a few reasons why you may not be able to call a blocked number back on your iPhone:
1. The caller has blocked all incoming calls, including yours.
– Fix: Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do in this situation. You may have to find another way to contact the person, or they may have to unblock your number.
2. The number is a telemarketer or scammer that has blocked their number from being identified.
– Fix: You can try adding the caller to your contacts and calling them back that way, or using a third-party app to unmask the caller. If it’s a telemarketer or scammer, you may not want to call them back at all.
3. Your phone carrier doesn’t offer block number identification or charges extra for it.
– Fix: Check with your carrier to see if it’s included in your plan or to see if there are any additional fees.
Implications and Recommendations
It’s important to be cautious when calling back blocked numbers. Some may be telemarketers or scammers trying to scam you. If you’re not sure who the caller is, it’s best to ignore the call or let it go to voicemail. If it’s someone you know or need to speak with, consider using the methods we’ve outlined in this blog post.
5 FAQs about Calling Back A Blocked Number on iPhone
Q1: Is it safe to call back a blocked number on iPhone?
A: It depends on who the caller is. If it’s someone you know or need to speak with, it’s generally safe to call them back. However, if it’s a telemarketer or scammer, you may want to ignore the call or let it go to voicemail.
Q2: Can I block a number that has blocked me?
A: Unfortunately, you can’t block a number that has already blocked you.
Q3: Can I find out who called me from a blocked number?
A: You can try using third-party apps like TrapCall to unmask the caller. Some carrier plans may also offer block number identification. If all else fails, you may have to add the caller to your contacts to find out who they are.
Q4: Do I have to pay for third-party apps to call back blocked numbers on iPhone?
A: Yes, some third-party apps may not be free and may require a subscription or one-time payment.
Q5: Can I call a blocked number back on iPhone without using any apps?
A: Yes, you can try adding the caller to your contacts and calling them back that way. You can also try using the *67 feature to call them back anonymously.
Calling back a blocked number on your iPhone may seem impossible, but there are different methods you can try. Remember to be cautious and aware of who the caller may be, and don’t hesitate to ignore or let a call go to voicemail if you’re unsure.