Chromecast is an excellent device that lets you stream your favorite videos, movies, and TV shows on your TV screen through your smartphone or computer. However, streaming photos on your phone to your TV might not be as simple as you think. If you have an iPhone, you may have noticed that it’s not possible to cast photos from your iPhone to Chromecast. It’s frustrating when you want to share your precious moments, and you are unable to. This blog will help you understand how to cast photos from iPhone to Chromecast using a few easy methods.
Why You Need to Cast Photos from iPhone to Chromecast
Casting photos from your iPhone allows you to share your memorable moments with your friends, family, and loved ones on a larger screen. Watching photos on a big screen TV also helps you have a better viewing experience, and you get to relive your moments at a more involved level. Having a bigger screen than your iPhone’s screen ensures that everyone gets to see the photos and enjoy them collectively.
Method 1: Via Google Photos App
Casting photos from your iPhone to Chromecast is relatively easy if you use the Google Photos app. Here are simple steps to follow:
1. Download and install the Google Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Launch the app, sign in with your Google account, and give Google Photos access to your camera roll.
3. Select the photos you want to cast by tapping and holding the first photo and dragging to select others.
4. Tap the cast icon – a box with three wavy lines – at the top right corner of the screen.
5. Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
6. Your photos will start playing on your TV, and you can enjoy them with your friends and family.
– Easy to use
– Can select multiple photos at once
– Maintains the quality of the images
– Requires you to have a Google account
– May be slow when casting many photos at once
Method 2: Via AirPlay and Chromecast built-in
AirPlay is another way of streaming photos from iPhone to Chromecast. Here are the simple steps:
1. Ensure that you have a Chromecast or any other device with Chromecast built-in connected to the TV and on the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone.
2. On your iPhone, slide up from the bottom to open the Control Center.
3. Press and hold on the music widget until it becomes larger, then tap on the AirPlay icon.
4. Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
5. Return to the Control Center and tap the Photos app. Select the album or the photos you want to stream.
6. The photos will start streaming on your TV.
– No need to download any new app
– Simple steps to follow
– Can stream photos from any source on the iPhone
– Quality of photos may be reduced
– Only one photo can be streamed at once
Method 3: Using a Third-Party App
There are several third-party apps that you can use to stream photos from your iPhone to Chromecast. Some of these apps include IPTV, All Cast, Stream2Cast, and PhotoCast. Here are simple steps to follow:
1. Download and install the preferred app on your iPhone.
2. Launch the app and follow the prompts to connect your Chromecast device.
3. Select the photos you want to cast using the app’s interface.
4. The app will begin casting the photos to your Chromecast device.
– Offers more customization options
– Can select different sources of photos to stream
– Some apps may cost money
– The process may be more complicated than using Google Photos app or Airplay
What to Do If You Can’t Cast Photos from iPhone to Chromecast
If you have challenges casting photos from your iPhone to Chromecast, try the following fixes:
1. Restart your iPhone and Chromecast device
2. Ensure that your iPhone and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
3. Update your Chromecast app or Google Photos app
4. Try using a different method to cast photos
5. Contact Chromecast support or visit their website for more assistance.
If you regularly cast photos to your Chromecast, you can create an album in Google Photos and set it to stream automatically. This way, your photos will keep playing in a loop, and you don’t have to select photos every time you want to cast them.
Q1: Is it possible to cast Live Photos to Chromecast?
A: Currently, Chromecast does not support streaming Live Photos from your iPhone.
Q2: Can I cast photos to Chromecast from other iPhone apps?
A: Yes, as long as the app supports AirPlay or Chromecast casting functionality.
Q3: Do I need an additional device to cast photos from iPhone to Chromecast?
A: No, you can cast photos directly from your iPhone using the Google Photos app or the AirPlay & Chromecast built-in method.
Q4: Can I cast photos and use my iPhone for other activities simultaneously?
A: Yes, you can cast photos to your Chromecast device and continue using your iPhone for other activities like browsing the internet or answering calls.
Q5: Can I cast photos to Chromecast from an iPad?
A: Yes, you can use any of the methods explained above to cast photos from your iPad to Chromecast.
Casting photos from your iPhone to Chromecast is a good way to share your memorable experiences with your loved ones. With the simple methods explained above, you can do this easily and enjoy all the benefits of reliving your moments on a larger screen. However, when you have issues, don’t hesitate to try the fixes suggested in this blog or seek help from Chromecast support.