Are you having trouble converting your photos from HEIC format to JPEG on your iPhone? HEIC (High-Efficiency Image Format) is a new format of image that was introduced with iOS 11. While this format has its advantages, such as higher quality images with smaller file sizes, it can cause compatibility issues with non-Apple devices.
If you’re having trouble opening or sharing your HEIC photos on non-Apple devices, then converting them to JPEG is the solution for you. In this blog post, we will guide you on the different methods you can use to easily convert your photos to JPEG on your iPhone.
The Challenge of How to Change Photo to Jpeg on iPhone
With the introduction of HEIC format, users are experiencing difficulty converting their photos to JPEG format, which is widely accepted across various devices and platforms. This challenge becomes more pressing if you need to share photos with someone who doesn’t use Apple devices.
Luckily, there are several ways you can convert your photos from HEIC to JPEG format on your iPhone, and we’ll show you how in this post.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before you begin converting your photos to JPEG, there are a few things you should prepare for. Firstly, ensure that your iPhone is running on iOS 11 or newer. Secondly, check if your photos are already in HEIC or JPEG format. Lastly, decide on which method you want to use to convert your photos to JPEG.
Method 1: Using the Photos App
The Photos app on your iPhone allows you to convert your HEIC photos to JPEG format. Here are the steps you can follow:
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Select the HEIC photos you want to convert to JPEG.
3. Tap the "Share" icon.
4. Scroll down and tap "Save to Files."
5. Select "JPEG" as the file format.
6. Choose the location where you want to save the file.
7. Tap "Save."
– It’s a built-in feature on your iPhone, so you don’t need to download any third-party apps.
– You can convert multiple photos at once.
– You can save the converted photos in your preferred location.
– The process can be time-consuming if you have many photos to convert.
– It requires you to manually save each file after converting.
Method 2: Using a Third-Party App – iMazing HEIC Converter
iMazing HEIC Converter is a free app that lets you convert HEIC photos to JPEG format on your iPhone. Here are the steps:
1. Download iMazing HEIC Converter from the App Store.
2. Launch the app and grant it the required permissions.
3. Tap "Convert HEIC to JPEG."
4. Select the HEIC photos you want to convert.
5. Tap "Convert" and wait for the process to complete.
6. Save the converted JPEG files.
– The app is free to download and use.
– It has a user-friendly interface.
– You can convert multiple photos at once.
– The app displays ads, which can be distracting for some users.
– It requires an internet connection to work.
Method 3: Using Online Converter Websites
There are several online converter websites that you can use to convert your HEIC photos to JPEG format. Here are the steps:
1. Open your preferred online converter website (for example, heictojpg.com or cloudconvert.com).
2. Select the HEIC photos you want to convert.
3. Choose "JPEG" as the output format.
4. Wait for the conversion process to complete.
5. Download the converted JPEG files.
– No need to download any app.
– The conversion process is straightforward and easy.
– You can use these websites on any device with an internet connection.
– The quality of the converted images may not be as high as expected.
– Some websites have file size limits, which can be a problem if you have many photos to convert.
Why Can’t I Change Photo to Jpeg?
There could be several reasons why you can’t change your photos to JPEG format, such as:
1. Your iPhone is not running on iOS 11 or newer.
2. Your photos are already in JPEG format.
3. Your photos are stored in a location that doesn’t allow you to convert them.
4. There is a problem with the app or website you’re using.
To fix these issues, ensure that your iPhone is up-to-date, check if your photos are in HEIC or JPEG format before you begin converting, ensure that you have permission to access the folder where your photos are saved, and try using a different app or website to convert your photos.
– Remember to always back up your photos before converting them to ensure that you don’t lose them in the process.
– If you’re converting your photos to share with others, be sure to ask them which format they prefer to receive the photos in.
– Consider using cloud storage services like iCloud or Dropbox to store your photos, as they offer easy access and sharing options.
5 FAQs about Changing Photo to Jpeg on iPhone
Q1: Will converting my HEIC photos to JPEG affect their quality?
A: Converting from HEIC to JPEG may result in a slight reduction in quality, but it’s usually not noticeable. The converted photos will still retain their overall quality.
Q2: Is it better to keep my photos in HEIC or JPEG format?
A: It depends on your preferences. HEIC format offers higher quality images with smaller file sizes, while JPEG format is more widely accepted across different devices and platforms. If you’re not sure which format to choose, consider keeping your photos in both formats.
Q3: Can I convert my photos back to HEIC after converting them to JPEG?
A: Yes, you can. However, keep in mind that converting back and forth between formats may affect the overall quality of your photos.
Q4: What is the maximum file size I can convert on online converter websites?
A: It depends on the website you’re using. Some websites have file size limits, while others don’t. Be sure to check the website’s file size restrictions before using it.
Q5: Is it safe to use third-party apps to convert my photos?
A: Generally, yes. However, be sure to download apps from trusted sources to avoid downloading apps that may be harmful or contain viruses.
Converting your photos from HEIC to JPEG format can be a daunting process, especially if you don’t know where to start. However, with the methods and tips we’ve shared in this blog post, you can easily convert your photos in no time. Remember to back up your photos, check the quality of the converted images, and consider storing your photos in cloud storage services for easy access and sharing.