Many of us would like to edit videos on our iPhones, which can be a useful tool for personal and business purposes. One of the ways to enhance a video’s visual impact is to change its background. Whether it’s for a promotional video or a personal project, learning how to change a video’s background on an iPhone is essential. In this article, we will discuss the methods and ways on how to change the background of a video on iPhone.
Why You Need to Change The Background of a Video
Changing the background of your video can take it to a whole new level of creativity. Here are some reasons why you should consider changing the background of your video:
- Enhancing the overall aesthetic appeal of the video
- Removing distracting elements from the video’s background
- Improving the quality of a video that was shot in a poor location
- Creating a professional look for videos intended for social media or online platforms
Method 1: Using InShot
Changing the background of a video on iPhone is made easy with the use of the InShot app. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Download the InShot app from the App Store.
2. Tap on the (+) icon to import the video that you want to edit.
3. Once the video is imported, tap on the “Canvas” icon located at the bottom of the screen.
4. Choose the option “Fit” to fill the background area with the chosen color from InShot’s palette or select “Blur” to blur out the background.
5. Adjust the position of the video and the background element to your preference.
6. Crop the video and the background element by sliding and adjusting the frame size.
7. Once you are satisfied with the changes, click on the check icon to save the video to your Camera Roll or share it directly to various social media platforms.
- InShot is a free app available for download in the App Store.
- It is easy to use and offers various features to edit videos.
- It provides precisely timed editing of the video and the background elements.
- The free version has a watermark on the video, which can be removed by upgrading to the premium version.
- It may be limited for those who are looking for a more professional video editing tool.
Method 2: Using Green Screen
Using a green screen is another popular way to change the background of a video on iPhone. Here is how to do it:
1. Find a well-lit area to film the subject in front of a green screen or backdrop.
2. Open the camera app on your iPhone.
3. Select the “Settings” icon and go to “Camera.”
4. Scroll down and toggle on the "Grid" feature to ensure the green screen is centered.
5. Begin filming and make sure to avoid any shadows or color variations in the green screen.
6. Once completed, open the video editing app of your choice and import the green screen video.
7. Choose the desired background and select “Add” or “Composite” mode to merge the green screen video and background.
8. Adjust the position and size of the video and background to your preference, then save the final product to your camera roll or share it directly to social media.
- The use of a green screen allows for flexibility in choosing the desired background element.
- It can create professional-looking videos suitable for various purposes, including social media and YouTube.
- The green screen technique provides a more polished and sophisticated look to the video.
- It requires a well-lit area without any shadows or variations in the background.
- It may take some time and patience, especially if you are not used to filming with a green screen.
Method 3: Using KineMaster
KineMaster is a popular video editing app that allows users to manipulate and edit video files. Here is how to change the background of a video on iPhone using KineMaster:
1. Download and open the KineMaster app from the App Store.
2. Click on the (+) icon to import the video that you want to edit.
3. Swipe up to access the various editing features, then select “Chroma key.”
4. Choose the green screen color to remove and adjust the relevant settings for the best results.
5. Once the background has been removed, select a new background from the app’s free stock library or select a photo from your Camera Roll.
6. Adjust the position and size of the video and the new background element to your preference.
7. Save the final product to your Camera Roll or share it directly to social media.
- KineMaster provides a complete editing solution for video files that delivers professional-grade results.
- The app offers numerous video effects, fonts, stickers, and a music library to enhance and customize your videos’ background.
- The Chroma key feature provides excellent results with precise detection, even with less than optimal lighting conditions.
- The app offers a wide range of features, which can be confusing or overwhelming for beginners.
- The free version has a watermark on the video, which can be removed by subscribing to the premium version.
What to Do If You Can’t Change The Background Of a Video
If you are unable to change the background of your video using the methods described above, here are a few fixes to try:
- Make sure the video editing app and iOS software are up-to-date.
- Double-check that the video format is supported by the app you are using.
- Check the storage space on your iPhone to make sure there is enough available capacity.
- Try restarting your iPhone and the video editing app.
When shooting videos for green screen backgrounds, avoid wearing clothing with the same or similar color to the green screen. This will make it easier to remove the green screen and replace it with a new background element.
Q1: Can I change the background of my live videos?
A: Live videos on iPhone do not have the option to change the background while filming. However, you can use various apps to edit your live videos after they have been recorded and save them.
Q2: Do I need to have prior experience with video editing to change the background of a video on iPhone?
A: No, you don’t need to have any previous experience with video editing to change the background of a video on iPhone. The methods described in this article are straightforward and can be done by anyone with an iPhone.
Q3: Can I use custom backgrounds that are not available in apps like InShot or KineMaster?
A: Yes, as long as the custom background is saved to your Camera Roll, you can import it into any video editing app to change the background.
Q4: Can I change the background of an existing video that was not shot with a green screen?
A: Yes, you can change the background of any video file by importing it into a video editing app then removing the original background and replacing it with a new one.
Q5: How long does it take to change the background of a video on iPhone?
A: Depending on the method used and the complexity of the changes required, changing the background of a video on iPhone can take anywhere between five to thirty minutes.
Learning how to change the background of a video on iPhone can enhance the overall visual appeal of your video and make it more professional-looking. With the options and methods discussed in this article, changing the background of a video on iPhone has never been easier. Regardless of your editing skills, you can create stunning videos that will capture the attention of your audience.