As a tech blogger, I would suggest the following steps to completely remove app data from an iPhone:
1. First, go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on "General" and then tap on "iPhone Storage".
3. You will see a list of all the apps installed on your iPhone. Select the app that you want to remove completely.
4. Tap on the app and then tap on "Offload App". This will remove the app from your iPhone, but it will keep the app’s data and documents.
5. If you want to remove the app and its data completely, then you need to tap on "Delete App" instead of "Offload App".
6. After you tap on "Delete App", you will be prompted to confirm your decision. Tap on "Delete App" again to remove the app and its data completely.
7. Repeat these steps for all the apps that you want to remove from your iPhone.
By following these steps, you can completely remove app data from your iPhone. However, keep in mind that if you ever want to use these apps again in the future, you will need to download them from the App Store and sign in again.
Video Tutorial:How do I permanently delete all app data?
How do I permanently delete an app from my iPhone and icloud?
To permanently delete an app from your iPhone and iCloud, follow these steps:
1. Unlock your iPhone and find the app you want to delete on your home screen.
2. Press and hold the app icon until the apps on the screen start to jiggle or wiggle.
3. Tap the "X" that appears on the app icon and choose "Delete" to confirm the deletion of the app.
4. Repeat the above steps for any other apps you want to delete.
5. Open the Settings app and tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
6. Select "iCloud" and then "Storage."
7. Tap "Manage Storage" and then find the app you want to delete from iCloud.
8. Swipe left on the app’s name and tap "Delete" to remove it from iCloud permanently.
Note: If you have automatic app downloads enabled in your iCloud settings, the app may reappear on your device after being deleted. To prevent this from happening, disable automatic app downloads in your iCloud settings.
How do I delete all traces of an app?
There are several steps you can take to delete all traces of an app from your device.
1. Uninstall the app: First and foremost, uninstall the app from your device. This will remove the app from the home screen and disable it from running on your phone.
2. Clear app data: Most apps store data on your device, such as login information or cache files. To ensure all traces of the app are gone, you will also need to clear the app’s data. This can be done by going to your device’s settings, selecting "Apps," finding the app in question, and then tapping "Clear data."
3. Clear app cache: Some apps may also store cache files on your device, which can take up space and slow down your device. To clear the app’s cache, go to your device’s settings, select "Apps," find the app, and then tap "Clear cache."
4. Remove app permissions: Some apps require certain permissions to access your device’s features and data. To ensure all traces of the app are gone, you should also revoke any permissions granted to the app. This can be done by going to your device’s settings, selecting "Apps," finding the app, and then tapping "Permissions" to view and revoke any granted permissions.
5. Use a third-party app: Lastly, you can also use a third-party app to clean up your device and remove any lingering traces of an app. There are several apps available on the App Store or Play Store that can scan your device for leftover files and data, as well as help optimize your device’s performance.
Where is app data stored on iPhone?
App data on iPhone is stored in different locations depending on the type of data:
1. Documents & Data: This includes files created by apps such as documents, images, and videos. These files are stored in the app’s sandbox directory within the device’s storage. To access these files, you would need to use the app that created them or use a file manager app that has been granted permission to access the app’s sandbox directory.
2. App Settings: The settings and preferences of an app are stored in the device’s settings. To access the app’s settings, you can go to "Settings" > "Apps" > select the app > "Settings". Alternatively, you can access the app’s settings within the app itself.
3. Cache and Temporary Files: When using an app, it may create temporary files (e.g., cookies, app cache) that are used to improve the performance of the app. These files are stored in the app’s sandbox directory, and you can clear them by going to "Settings" > "General" > "iPhone Storage" > select the app > "Offload App" or "Delete App+Data".
4. iCloud Storage: Some apps may also store data in iCloud, which allows the data to be synced across multiple devices. To view and manage iCloud storage, go to "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Manage Storage".
It’s important to note that app data is always encrypted when stored on the device and in iCloud to ensure the security of user data.
Do deleted apps stay on iCloud?
If you delete an app from your iPhone, it doesn’t necessarily mean the app gets deleted from iCloud. However, the app will not be visible on your iCloud account if it has been deleted from your iPhone. The good news is that you can easily check which apps are saved on iCloud and remove them by following these steps:
1. Go to "Settings" on your iPhone and click on your name at the top of the app list.
2. Select "iCloud" and then click "Manage Storage".
3. From there, you can scroll down and view all of the apps that are currently saved on iCloud. Select the app and click "Delete Data" to remove it from iCloud.
It is important to note that deleting an app from iCloud may also delete the data associated with that app, such as saved games or documents. However, if you have previously backed up your iPhone on iCloud, you should still be able to retrieve that data from the backup.
How to delete purchased apps from App Store history permanently?
As a tech blogger, I can suggest the following steps to delete purchased apps from App Store history permanently:
1. Open the App Store on your iOS device and tap on your profile picture located at the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Scroll down to the "Purchased" section and tap on it.
3. Find the app you want to delete and swipe left on it.
4. Tap on the "Delete" button and then confirm that you want to delete the app.
5. Repeat this process for all the apps you want to delete from your App Store history.
6. Once you have deleted all the desired apps, log out of your App Store account.
7. Wait for a few minutes before logging back into your account.
By following these steps, you can remove purchased apps from your App Store history permanently. It’s worth noting that this process will remove the app from your purchase history, but it won’t delete the app from your device. You’ll need to uninstall the app separately if you want to remove it from your device. Also, keep in mind that deleting an app from your purchase history means that you won’t be able to download it again in the future.