Deleting photos from iPhone is something you would have to do at some point. It could be to free up space, to save some bandwidth, among other reasons. As an iPhone user, you probably have important files stored on your Mac. Sometimes, these files can be duplicated, and space can run out faster, especially when you are dealing with high-quality photos. It is important to know how to delete from My Mac photos on iPhone to ensure that you maintain enough storage space on your device. This article provides a detailed guide on how to achieve that.
The Challenge of Post-Deleting from My Mac Photos on iPhone
Deleting from My Mac Photos on iPhone could be a little bit of a challenge for the newbies because it can be tricky and tiring, and sometimes, the user is not sure if the file was deleted from My Mac photos or not. However, a proper guide and thorough orientation can help overcome this challenge.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before you delete from My Mac photos on iPhone, there are some important things you should prepare for. For starters, you must ensure that you have a proper backup of your photos on a different device or cloud storage. This ensures that important photos are not mistakenly deleted during the process. You should also check your storage space and ensure that you have enough space to accommodate new photos, especially when you are deleting a large number of photos.
Method 1: Via AirDrop
AirDrop is a convenient and fast way to delete My Mac photos on iPhone. It is a peer-to-peer feature that allows users to transfer files between two or more Apple devices such as MacBook, iPhone, iPad. It is straightforward and easy to use. Here’s how to use AirDrop to delete photos on your iPhone from My Mac photos.
- 1. Turn on your MacBook and iPhone.
- 2. Ensure that your MacBook is connected to the Internet and your iPhone has Bluetooth enabled.
- 3. Open My Mac photos on your MacBook and select the photos you want to delete.
- 4. On your iPhone, open the Photos app and navigate to the photos app options.
- 5. Click on AirDrop and select your MacBook from the list of devices.
- 6. After selecting your MacBook, select ‘Delete" from the prompt message that pops up on your iPhone screen.
- 7. The selected photos would be deleted instantly from My Mac photo on your iPhone.
- – You don’t need any third-party application to achieve this task.
- – AirDrop transfer photos quickly and conveniently.
- – AirDrop is a secure way of transferring files on Apple devices.
- – Not all Apple devices support Airdrop, so you need to ensure that your device supports it.
- 1. Turn on your MacBook and iPhone, ensure that your iPhone is connected to the internet and your iCloud account.
- 2. Open your MacBook and select the photos you want to delete from My Mac photos.
- 3. Go to System Preferences > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photo Library
- 4. Click on "Optimize Mac Storage" to save space on your MacBook
- 5. Select "Delete Items" and the photos would be removed from your iPhone’s photos app.
- – iCloud Photo Library allows users to recover deleted photos for up to 30 days.
- – iCloud Photo Library syncs photos across all Apple devices.
- -You can manage your storage.
- – You require a stable internet connection to upload the photos.
- – You need to have an iCloud account to use this feature.
- 1. Download and install AnyTrans on your MacBook.
- 2. Connect your iPhone to your MacBook using a lightning cable.
- 3. Open AnyTrans and select the "Photos" option from the menu.
- 4. Wait for the photos on your iPhone to load and select the photos you want to delete.
- 5. Click on the "Trash Can" icon on the top right corner of the AnyTrans window.
- 6. A confirmation message will appear on your screen, click on "Yes" to delete the photos.
- 7. The photos would be deleted from My Mac photos on iPhone.
- – AnyTrans allows for the transfer of files from an iPhone to another device remotely.
- – It is a fast and efficient way to transfer large volumes of files.
- – AnyTrans supports the transfer of files in a wide range of formats.
- – AnyTrans requires a paid subscription to access some of its features.
- – Using third-party software can be risky.
- – Some users may find the interface confusing.
- 1. Connect your iPhone to your MacBook
- 2. Open Image Capture from the applications folder.
- 3. On the left panel, select your iPhone from the list of Devices available.
- 4. Select the photos you want to delete from My Mac photos.
- 5. Click on the "Delete" option at the bottom right corner of the window.
- 6. The selected photos would be deleted instantly from My Mac photos on the iPhone.
- – Image Capture is a built-in app on the MacBook.
- – It is simple and easy to use.
- – Allows for quick transfer of photos from iPhone to MacBook and vice versa.
- – Images capture lacks the advanced features included in other transfer software.
- – There is a risk of accidentally deleting important photos.
- 1. Always ensure that you have a backup of your photos, in case you accidentally delete any important photos.
- 2. Save the photos on iCloud to have access to them on all Apple devices.
- 3. Use the right transfer software for a smooth and seamless transfer process.
Method 2: Via iCloud Photo Library
iCloud photo library is a cloud-based platform that automatically uploads photos from your iPhone and saves them on your iCloud account. It allows for seamless integration across all Apple devices and gives users an opportunity to recover deleted photos. Here’s how to delete from My Mac photos on iPhone with iCloud photo library.
Method 3: Using AnyTrans
AnyTrans is a third-party software that helps users transfer and manage their files between Apple devices and the computer. The software is easy to use and supports a wide range of file options, including videos, music, and photos. Here’s how to use AnyTrans to delete photos from My Mac photos on iPhone.
Method 4: Via Image Capture
Image capture is a built-in app on the MacBook that allows users to transfer photos and videos from their iPhone to their mac. It is direct and straightforward. Here’s how to delete from My Mac photos on iPhone using Image Capture.
Why Can’t I Delete Photos from My Mac Photos on iPhone?
There are several reasons why you may be unable to delete from My Mac photos on iPhone. These include:
1. iCloud photo library
If you have the iCloud photo library feature turned on, it could prevent you from deleting photos, as it would automatically sync all photos from your MacBook to your iPhone. To delete the photos, you must first disable the iCloud Photo Library feature, and then delete the photos from My Mac photos on your iPhone.
2. The photos are locked or password-protected.
If you have password-protected some of your photos, it could prevent you from deleting them. To delete these photos, you would need to remove the password protection or unlock them.
3. No sufficient storage space
If you don’t have enough storage space on your MacBook, it could prevent you from deleting photos. You may need to free up some space on your MacBook by deleting or transferring some of the photos.
5 FAQs about Deleting from My Mac Photos on iPhone
Q1: How do I ensure that my photos are deleted permanently?
A: To permanently delete photos from My Mac photos on iPhone, go to the "Recently Deleted" album in your Photos app. Select "Delete All" to delete all photos permanently.
Q2: How do I prevent accidental deletion of important photos?
A: To prevent accidental deletion of important photos, create a backup of your photos on iCloud or another device.
Q3: How long does it take to delete photos from My Mac photos on iPhone?
A: The time it takes to delete photos depends on the number and size of the photos you are deleting.
Q4:Can I recover deleted photos?
A: If you have the iCloud Photo Library feature turned on, you can recover deleted photos from the "Recently Deleted" album up to 30 days after deletion.
Q5: Can photos be deleted from My Mac photos on iPhone using USB?
A: Yes, you can delete photos from My Mac photos on iPhone using a USB cable and the Photos app on your MacBook.
Deleting from My Mac photos on iPhone can be an easy or difficult task, depending on your level of experience. However, by following the steps above, you can wipe out unnecessary photos and files from your iPhone. Ensure to always have a backup of important photos and use the right transfer software for an efficient and smooth transfer process.