Have you ever been in a situation where your iPhone 14 battery suddenly died while you’re out and about and you have no idea how much battery life you have left? It’s an all-too-common scenario for iPhone users, especially those who are constantly on their phones.
Knowing how to check the battery percentage on your iPhone 14 can save you from the hassle of having to guess how much juice is left, and help you manage your phone’s battery life better. In this blog post, we’ll explore several ways to get the battery percentage on your iPhone 14, as well as some bonus tips on how to extend your battery life.
Why You Need to Get The Battery Percentage on iPhone 14
There are several reasons why you need to know how to check the battery percentage on your iPhone 14:
1. Battery Management: Knowing your phone’s battery percentage helps you manage your phone’s battery life better. You can make adjustments to your usage and settings based on the remaining battery percentage.
2. Emergency Situations: In an emergency situation when you need to make a call or use the internet, and your phone’s battery might die, you can quickly check the battery percentage and decide whether to use it or conserve the battery.
3. Avoid Overcharging: Overcharging your phone can damage the battery and cause it to deteriorate over time. Knowing the battery percentage can help you avoid overcharging your phone.
Method 1: Using the Control Center
Checking the battery percentage on an iPhone 14 is pretty easy. One way to do it is by using the Control Center. Here’s how:
1. Swipe down from the top-right corner on your iPhone 14 Home or Lock screen to open the Control Center.
2. Look at the top right corner of the screen; you’ll see the battery icon, and the battery percentage displayed beside it.
– Easy and quick to access
– You can see the battery percentage without unlocking your phone
– Not always accurate
– You have to use your fingers to swipe and reveal the Control Center
Method 2: Via Settings
Another way to check the battery percentage on your iPhone 14 is through the Settings app. Here’s how:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Scroll down and tap on Battery.
3. Toggle on Battery Percentage.
4. You’ll now see the battery percentage displayed in the top-right corner of your iPhone 14 screen.
– Always accurate
– You can quickly toggle the battery percentage on and off
– You have to access the Settings app
– It takes a few clicks to toggle the battery percentage on
Method 3: Asking Siri
You can also ask Siri to tell you the battery percentage on your iPhone 14. Here’s how:
1. Wake Siri by saying "Hey Siri" or long-pressing the side button (on devices without face ID).
2. Ask Siri "What is my battery percentage?"
3. Siri will respond with the battery percentage.
– You don’t have to use your hands to access the battery percentage
– You can activate Siri from anywhere on your iPhone 14
– Requires internet connectivity
– It may not always recognize your voice command accurately
Method 4: Checking Battery Widget
You can also check the battery percentage of your iPhone 14 from the battery widget by swiping right from the Home screen or Lock screen.
1. Swipe right from your iPhone 14 Home screen or Lock screen to access the Today View.
2. Scroll down to the bottom and look for the Batteries widget.
3. You’ll now see the battery percentage of your iPhone 14 displayed beside the battery icon.
– Convenient and easy to access
– You can see the battery percentage of your iPhone 14 and other connected devices at once.
– The widget can be hard to locate for new iPhone users.
What to Do If You Can’t Get the Battery Percentage on Your iPhone 14
If you’re having problems checking the battery percentage on your iPhone 14, here are some fixes you can try:
1. Restart your iPhone 14: Restarting your iPhone 14 can help resolve issues that may be preventing you from checking the battery percentage.
2. Update your iPhone 14: Make sure that your iPhone 14 is up-to-date with the latest software version. This can help fix any bugs or issues that may be preventing you from accessing the battery percentage.
3. Check your battery settings: Make sure that you have enabled the battery percentage in your iPhone 14 settings. You can do this by following the steps outlined in Method 2.
1. Enable Low Power Mode: Enabling Low Power Mode can help increase your iPhone 14 battery life by reducing power consumption.
2. Check Battery Health: Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health to see how well your iPhone 14 battery is performing. This feature helps you identify if the battery needs servicing.
3. Turn Off Background App Refresh: Background App Refresh is a feature that allows apps to refresh their content in the background continuously. It can consume more battery life.
Q1: Why is the battery icon yellow on my iPhone 14?
A: Yellow means that Low Power Mode is on. When this mode is enabled, the battery icon turns yellow.
Q2: How can I increase my iPhone 14 battery life?
A: You can follow the steps below to extend your iPhone 14 battery life.
– Enable Low Power Mode
– Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when not in use.
– Adjust the brightness of your screen.
– Turn off Background App Refresh.
– Use Airplane Mode when you do not need an Internet connection.
– Keep iOS updated.
Q3: How long does the battery last on an iPhone 14?
A: The battery life varies according to usage. Usually, the iPhone 14 battery lasts for around 8 to 10 hours on regular usage.
Q4: Can I replace the battery on my iPhone 14?
A: Yes, iPhone 14 users can replace the battery of their device. You can buy a new battery online, and Apple service centers can replace the battery for you.
Q5: Does using dark mode save battery life on an iPhone 14?
A: Yes, using the dark mode feature on your iPhone 14 can help save battery life. Dark mode consumes less battery life than light mode because fewer pixels are lit up on the screen.
Checking your iPhone 14’s battery percentage is easy. By using any of the methods we’ve discussed, you can quickly and effectively manage your iPhone 14’s battery life. However, if you find that your battery life is still draining much faster than you’d like, try our bonus tips. They can help you extend your iPhone 14 battery life even further.