Are you facing a troublesome situation where your iPhone screen is not working properly? Do you wish there was an easy way to turn it off or resolve the problem? If the answer is yes, then you have landed on the right page. In this article, we will guide you through multiple methods to turn off your iPhone screen when it is not working as expected.
The iPhone screen is one of the key elements of the device. However, there are instances when it stops functioning due to technical issues or any other reason. Turning off the screen can be challenging if you are already dealing with issues. This article aims to provide you with easy-to-follow solutions to turn off your iPhone screen when it’s not working.
In order to turn off your iPhone screen when it’s not working, you don’t need to go through a lot of hassle. You will only need a few things, and you’re good to go. Here are the requirements:
- iPhone with a not-working display
- Lightning cable
- Computer or laptop
- iTunes software
What Requires Your Focus?
When your iPhone screen is not working, you need to be very careful while dealing with it. Even the slightest mistake can cause more damage to your device. Therefore, there are a few things that require your focus while you try to turn off your iPhone screen. These are:
- Do not use sharp objects or try opening the iPhone display by yourself
- Do not try to force shut down your iPhone as it may cause further damage to your device
- If you are not sure about a particular solution or method, stop and do not proceed until you’re sure that it will not damage your device further.
- If the iPhone is still under warranty, consider taking it to the authorized Apple service center for repair
Different Methods To Turn Off iPhone Screen When It’s Not Working
Method 1: Turn Off iPhone Using AssistiveTouch
AssistiveTouch is a unique feature available in iPhones that allows users to interact with their devices through a virtual button on the screen. Here are the steps to follow to turn off your iPhone using AssistiveTouch.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone
- Go to ‘General’ and then ‘Accessibility’
- Scroll down and tap on ‘AssistiveTouch’
- Turn on AssistiveTouch by toggling the button to the right
- Tap the AssistiveTouch button that appears on the screen
- Select ‘Device’ from the options and then tap on ‘Lock Screen’
- The iPhone screen will turn off in a few seconds
- Easy to use and quick solution to turn off your iPhone even when the screen is not working.
- Does not require any additional software or tools.
- It might not work if the screen is completely unresponsive.
- AssistiveTouch can be enabled accidentally.
Method 2: Turn Off iPhone Remotely via iCloud
If you have enabled the Find My app on your device, then it’s possible to turn off your iPhone remotely using your iCloud account from another device. Here are the steps:
- Open iCloud.com on your computer or any other device.
- Log in with the Apple ID and password used on the iPhone.
- Select the ‘Find iPhone’ option.
- Select the iPhone that needs to be turned off from the list of devices.
- Click on ‘Erase iPhone’.
- The iPhone will be fully erased, and eventually, the screen will turn off.
- You can turn off your iPhone without needing access to it
- It’s a great solution if you have lost your iPhone
- The iPhone will be completely erased, and you will lose all data, including photos and apps.
- You have to set up your iPhone again from scratch.
Method 3: Using Recovery Mode in iTunes
If the screen of your iPhone is not working, you can use the recovery mode to turn it off. Recovery mode can also be used to restore the device to its factory settings. Here’s how:
- Connect your iPhone to a computer using a lightning cable and launch iTunes.
- Press and hold the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons together for about 10 seconds until the iPhone restarts and enters recovery mode.
- Select ‘Restore iPhone’ from the iTunes prompt.
- The iPhone will be restored to factory settings, and the screen will turn off eventually.
- You can then set up your iPhone again by following the on-screen instructions.
- Recovery mode is an effective way to fix software-related issues on an iPhone.
- You can turn off your iPhone if the screen is not working for any reason.
- You will lose all data, photos, and apps because the iPhone will be restored to its factory settings.
- It’s time-consuming to set up the iPhone again from scratch.
Why Can’t I Turn Off My iPhone Screen When It’s Not Working?
There could be several reasons why you are unable to turn off your iPhone screen when it’s not working.
1. Defective Hardware
Hardware defects are a common cause of iPhone screen failure. If some crucial elements of the iPhone such as the display, Home button, or sleep/wake button are damaged, it may cause trouble in screen performance and turn off operations.
2. Software Issues
Software issues can cause problems such as screen flickering, unresponsiveness, or failure. If the iPhone operating system or any installed app has some bugs, then it can directly affect the screen performance.
3. Physical Damages
If the iPhone screen or device is dropped with impact, it can cause various issues. It can lead to partial or complete screen failure or touch screen display issue.
If you suspect that the cause behind the iPhone screen not turning off is a hardware defect or physical damage, then you may consider taking it to an authorized Apple service center for repair. If it’s a software issue, try restarting your iPhone or restoring it to factory settings using any of the above methods.
Implications and Recommendations
Turning off the iPhone screen when it’s not working can be a tricky task. You must take all necessary precautions and follow a safe method to avoid any further damage to your device. These are some of our recommendations:
- Always take your iPhone to an authorized Apple service center for repair if you are not comfortable with performing the repairs yourself.
- If you are going to attempt any of the methods mentioned above, make sure to follow the steps carefully to avoid any potential damage to your device.
- Be aware of the risks associated with each method and proceed with caution.
- Never try to dismantle the iPhone display yourself as it may cause permanent damage to your device.
5 FAQs About Turning Off iPhone Screen When It’s Not Working
Q1: Can I turn off my iPhone using Siri?
A: Siri can be used to lock your iPhone, but it cannot be used to turn off the device. Therefore, it won’t work if the screen is not working.
Q2: How can I prevent my iPhone screen from becoming unresponsive?
A: To prevent your iPhone screen from becoming unresponsive, make sure to keep your device updated with the latest software. Avoid using sharp tools or exposing your iPhone to extreme temperatures.
Q3: What should I do if the above methods don’t work?
A: If the above methods don’t work, you can try restarting your iPhone or taking it to an authorized Apple service center for repair.
Q4: Is it safe to use an unauthorized repair service for iPhone screen repair?
A: It’s always recommended to use authorized Apple repair services for screen repairs. Unauthorized repair services may use substandard parts, which may lead to further device damage.
Q5: How can I tell if my iPhone screen is completely damaged?
A: If your iPhone screen is completely damaged, it may not be responsive to touch or display anything. You may also see cracks on the screen, or the phone may not turn on.
Dealing with an iPhone screen that’s not working can be frustrating. However, with the methods mentioned above, it’s easy to turn off your iPhone screen when it’s not working. Always remember to be careful and take necessary precautions while handling your iPhone. Hopefully, this article has helped you turn off your iPhone screen without hassle.