Dark mode has become increasingly popular among many iPhone users. It is seen as an aesthetic improvement and also a way to save battery life. One app that has recently added this feature is Google. With Google being one of the most used apps on iPhones, it’s no surprise that many users are eager to figure out how to turn on dark mode. In this blog post, we will explore several methods to turn on this feature.
The Challenge of Turning on Dark Mode on Google iPhone
Despite how commonly dark mode is used on different devices, turning it on is not always an easy feat. Unfortunately, Google has not made it a straightforward process to activate the feature. The app does not have an automatically switching function. Users will have to manually switch to dark mode every time they want to use it.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before we dive into the different methods of turning on dark mode on a Google iPhone, there are a few things you should prepare.
- iOS 13 or later
- The latest version of Google
- A fully charged iPhone
Method 1: Via Google Settings
The first method to turn on dark mode on Google iPhone is through the app settings.
This method involves going into the settings of the Google app and manually turning on dark mode.
- Open the Google app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your profile picture on the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to “Theme” and select it.
- Choose the “Dark” option to activate dark mode.
- Straightforward method.
- Easy to activate dark mode.
- No additional downloads needed.
- This process must be repeated every time you want to switch between light and dark mode.
- The app does not automatically switch between light and dark mode depending on your iPhone’s settings.
- This method may not be suitable for users who switch between light and dark mode frequently.
Method 2: Via Control Center
The second method to turn on dark mode on Google iPhone is through the control center.
This method involves using the iOS control center to quickly enable or disable the dark mode feature.
- Swipe down from the top right corner of your iPhone’s screen to access the Control Center.
- Press and hold the brightness bar until a new menu appears.
- Tap on the "Appearance" button on the left corner of the screen.
- Select "Dark" to activate dark mode.
- Quick and easy to switch between light and dark mode.
- No need to go into the individual app settings to enable dark mode.
- Once activated, it will be set until switched off again.
- This method affects the entire phone instead of just the Google app.
- The feature may not be ideal for those who use other apps in light mode.
Method 3: Via Siri Shortcut
The third method to turn on dark mode on Google iPhone is through Siri shortcut.
This method requires creating a Siri shortcut specifically for Google and dark mode.
- Open the "Shortcuts" app on your iPhone
- Tap on the “+” button located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Create Shortcut”
- Tap on the “Add Action” button.
- Type "Set Appearance" in the search bar.
- Select “Set Appearance” under the “Scripting” tab.
- Choose the “Dark” option and then hit “Done”.
- Rename the shortcut to something like “Google Dark Mode” and press “Done”.
- To activate the shortcut: simply activate Siri and say the name of the command. In our case, say “Hey Siri, Google Dark Mode” to switch to dark mode.
- The Siri shortcut will quickly switch between light and dark mode.
- Personalized command can be used, making the activation process easier.
- Works even faster with newer iPhones’ A12 Bionic chip or later versions.
- Users must create a shortcut beforehand.
- Siri must be activated in order to use the shortcut.
- Users using an iPhone without the A12 Bionic chip or later is likely to experience a slower response.
Why Can’t I Activate Dark Mode on Google iPhone
1. Google is not updated: Dark mode may not be available if the Google app on your iPhone is not the latest version. Make sure that your app is updated to the latest version.
2. iOS is not updated: The dark mode feature may not be activated if your iOS is not updated to iOS 13 or later. Check if there’s any available software update.
3. Phone in battery saver mode: Battery saver mode automatically disables some iPhone features, which may include the dark mode feature. Make sure your iPhone battery is not running out or you might want to charge your phone first.
Make use of the "automatic" setting whenever possible to use dark mode with convenience. This is an option available on iOS 14 and above, allowing the phone to detect if it’s "Bright," "Dark," or "System."
FAQs about Turning on Dark Mode on Google iPhone
Q1: Can I turn on dark mode in Google iPhone if my iOS is not updated?
A: No, the dark mode feature requires at least iOS 13 or later to run.
Q2: Can I turn on dark mode in Google iPhone to save battery life?
A: Yes, dark mode can save battery life as it does not require as much energy to display dark colors on the screen.
Q3: How do I turn off dark mode in Google iPhone?
A: Go to app settings and toggle off the "dark" option or use the aforementioned methods to turn off the feature.
Q4: Why is dark mode becoming so popular?
A: Dark mode is becoming more and more popular among users due to its ease on the eyes, as well as its ability to conserve battery life.
With our methods and tips, we hope you have an easier time turning on dark mode in Google iPhone. Whether your goal in doing so is aesthetic, to save battery life, or simply personal preference, remember that there are options available for your convenience.